3/28/15

My Experience of Joy


So, this post interrupts my little series, but I didn't forget about it! The next instalment, card making, only takes more time to craft than I had this week. But I had to share with you something on my heart as I journey towards a grace-filled life.

What's something you connect with grace? For me, I connect beauty, rest, and joy with grace. But sometimes I let the world define these things for me instead of letting God show me the truth, like He did this week.

For I discovered joy in a new way.

Everyone always says that joy and happiness don't equal the same thing, and I always agree with them. But I don't always understand them, because joy and happiness seemed to always intersect in my life. What could they mean by saying that joy comes from something other that happiness? Obviously the good Sunday School answer is Jesus, but saying that is very different from living it out. Very different.

What does joy look like in everyday, driving-home-from-ballet life?

It means believing in Jesus and letting those truths seep into your heart and overflow into your smiles. It means knowing that this life isn't about you, but it's all about the One who loves you. He loves you!

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 
Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NIV)
This lovely artwork comes from a beautiful site and woman. Please check her out here!

You see, on my way home Wednesday night, I talked to God. I just stated who I believed God was and how I would respond to that belief. The Piano Guys built momentum in the background, and the lights changed from red to green, green to red, but I kept resting in God's character. And then guess what? Joy filled my heart! I couldn't help but smile! I couldn't help but laugh! God is enough! He is here, and He loves me! He is Savior and Lord! Oh, what joy!

I found joy, but not when I tried really hard to feel joyful or when I concentrated on all the things that I like. No, I found joy when I forgot about me for a moment and fixed my eyes on Jesus, believing Him and responding to Him.

So say these truths. Let them sink into your soul. Yell them out if you can, but whatever you do, believe them, and then you too can find joy in Jesus!

I believe that Jesus is God, therefore I will worship Him.

I believe that Jesus is Lord, therefore I will serve Him.

I believe that Jesus is Savior, therefore I will rest in Him.

I believe that Jesus is Sovereign, therefore I will trust in Him,

I believe that Jesus is Grace, therefore I will live in Him.

I believe that Jesus is Enough, therefore I will be in Him.

I believe that Jesus is Missional, therefore I will follow Him.

I believe that Jesus is True, therefore I will stand on Him.

I believe that Jesus is Real, therefore I will proclaim Him.

I believe that Jesus is Provider, therefore I will depend on Him.

I believe that Jesus is Joy, therefore I will rejoice in Him.

I believe that Jesus is Perfect, therefore I will be perfectly His.

I believe that Jesus is Here, therefore I will talk to Him.

I believe that Jesus is Love, therefore I will love Him.

So choose joy today, but know, that really, choosing joy means choosing Jesus.

What brings you joy? What other truths of Jesus make you smile? Please comment below your thoughts of joy!

Princess Hannah
Hannah
4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. Things that bring me joy are friends and little moments that I have absolutely no involvement of (like when I'm at the hospital and I see a couple leaving with a newborn baby; it's so sweet)! Miracles are just beautiful.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Friends and laughter fill me with joy as well! Anything with God's hand can fill us with joy! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hannah! Hello and welcome to the blogosphere! I'm excited for your blogging journey - best of luck and thank you for the prayers, sweet girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Grace! And your lovely picture of me is serving me well right now as my profile pic! I'm very excited to start really blogging and you're definitely an inspiration to me!

      Delete

No