4/11/16

Be Thou My Vision


via Hannah Rose Beasley
Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that thou art;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, thy presence my light.

Be thou my Wisdom, and thou my true Word;
I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, and I thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise;
Thou mine inheritance, now and always;
Thou and thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.



via 

When learning how to balance for ballet, my teacher would always try and make things harder. She would tell us to close our eyes. At first, this seems simple. After all, our eye muscles aren't supporting our balance. Closing our eyes shouldn't change a thing. 

But once we close our eyes, we begin to lose our balance. We struggle to maintain the desired position without a stabilizing focal point. Any change in weight or outside forces causes us to wobble. Shake. Struggle. And then fall. 

This hymn has repeated in my heart for the past few weeks, especially as life tried to take my vision off of Jesus and onto the pressing matters at hard. But when I close my eyes to Jesus, I start to fall at any shift or outside force. It doesn't take much, for it can be a busy week, an upcoming project, a tense relationship, or a desire to please people. 

But in the middle of this distracting life, this challenging life, this joyful life, let's keep our eyes on Jesus. He will stabilize us. He will keep us going in the right direction. In the hurried moments, whisper to yourself the truths in this hymn and keep breathing in the love of Christ! 

Still be my vision, O Ruler of all. 

Princess Hannah 
Hannah
16 Comments

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, Hannah. This hymn is up there with my top 3 favorites; it's always been such a peace-bringer for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a peace bringer when the waters rise. What are your other favorites?

      Delete
  2. I love this hymn, Hannah! And what you wrote was exactly what I needed at just the rigth moment!! Thank you so much!!

    ~Hosanna Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that these words encouraged you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too, obviously! I've been singing it everywhere!

      Delete
  4. This is such an awesome post, Hannah. Thank you for the reminder to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. I've tried standing on one foot with my eyes closed...it is hard!
    This post is just what I needed today. :)
    Much love in Christ,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes blogging worth the while to read comment like this!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful hymn and post! I love how you write! >3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, thank you! It is a beautiful hymn, isn't it? So convicting and yet comforting.

      Delete
  6. This is such a beautiful reminder! Thank you, Hannah! I have always loved this hymn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus is sooo beautiful! I am discovering this more and more, and I'm glad to give you a little reminder of His beauty!

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of that hymn before, but how beautiful it is! This is truly such a beautiful reminder. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hymns can speak to us in powerful ways! I am sooo glad that I introduced you to this beauty!

      Delete
  8. This is just beautiful and captivating.. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take the credit, but let's keep our eyes on the most beautiful and most captivating One of all, Jesus!

      Delete

No