9/13/17

Grace In Disney- The First Few Weeks



Once upon a time, in a land far away, a girl left her home and family to travel the countryside and move to the tallest castle in the land. She traveled over 800 miles, bringing with her everything she could, until she crossed into the happiest place on earth and found her new home. 

This is where our story begins. 



Yes, I do think that my life is a bit of a Disney story right now. I smile daily thinking about how I now live in and work for Walt Disney World! 

Let me take you with me on this journey. Come and see how the Disney Adventure has gone so far!!!

The Preparations:

The week prior to leaving for WDW was crazy! Not only did my family and I get back in town from Colorado three days before I had to leave for Disney, but suddenly, I faced too many "lasts." 

Last time with my kitty until next year.


Last time with my family until they visit.


Saying goodbye, even for a temporary time, was hard for me. Even when I was saying hello to a joyous journey!

The Journey:

It was... long. I drove for two days. For a girl who hadn't driven more than three hours at a time, 12 was a big step, but I did it!

With the help from many Chick-Fil-A stops and Emily P Freemen podcasts, of course. 


This sign greeted me at the finish line, letting me know that my journey had just begun. 


Mother/ Daughter Day:

My mom and I planned a fun weekend before I checked in. We began it with this little beauty- Mickey Mousse.  (How punny!)



Our first full day of fun began in the best possible way: TANGLED CHARACTER BREAKFAST. You heard me right. We ate at Trattoria Al Forno, which has a character dinning experience for breakfast. 

First, we gobbled up these delightful pastries. Can we talk about how cute this is? 


CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE THIS IS? 


Then we met Rapunzel...



Ariel...


Eric and FLYNN RYDER!!!


Then we resort hopped, meaning we gave ourselves a little tour of the Disney resorts. We looked at most of the deluxe resorts, including Fort Wilderness, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. Guys, Disney has some really cool resorts. 


But you really can't have a Disney day without just a peak at Magic Kingdom. Although we chose to not go to the parks to save money, I did pose in front of the train station, the very place that I now work. 

If you can't already tell, I love breakfast food. So our next adventure was perfectly perfect. We had this delightful spread over at the Grand Floridian. It truly was grand. 




Move in and casting: 

Five other girls and I met on Facebook and chose to room together. Even though we had a few bumps in the application process as Disney changed the process on us last minute, we ended up able to room together! It was an answer to prayers!



Then I went through casting, a fancy word for paperwork. I did get to see this pretty cool room, though. 


Training: 

Disney holds a cast member orientation called Traditions. Like most things Disney, it was magical. Yes, there were several long rule videos and such, but at the end of the day they gave us our NAMETAGS!!! 




FUN, FUN, FUN:

We had several days to have fun before work began. Unfortunately, we didn't have our passes to get into the WDW parks. This left us only the Dark Side- Universal Studios (a.k.a.- Harry Potter World).




We also celebrated Natalie Anne's birthday with some late night ice cream on the Boardwalk!



EXPLORING THE PARKS: 

Finally, we got our passes to get into the parks for free! Of course I went to Magic Kingdom first. I stepped inside and giggled. Smiled. Soaked in how this is my new home. 





Then Jenna and I hoped on over to Animal Kingdom to meet Thumper and Miss Bunny, a rare character meet and greet. 


The next day, Hannah (yes, there is another Hannah in our apartment) explored the wilderness of Animal Kingdom, including the immersive Pandora! (BTW, the two hour wait for the "Flight of Passage" was totally worth it.)




Next up, Epcot! Now is the perfect time to go to Epcot because it is Food and Wine Festival, where 40 food vending stations set up around the park offering unique and delicious options! Hannah and I tried fancy ravioli, scrumptious mac and cheese, and delectable chocolate lava cake. 






Hollywood Studios was the last park I explored. Jenna and I had a blast meeting characters! 











Can one go to Epcot during Food and Wine too many times? Jenna and I tried chocolate baklava and some creamy pasty thing. 





Also, we visited what is fondly called the "bubblegum wall," a perfect Instagram spot! 



 Work, Work (Angelica):

My life here isn't all fun and games. I am here to work. I am a merchandise cast member at Magic Kingdom's stroller location. This means that I rent out strollers, wheelchairs, and ECVs to guests. We also have a couple of small gift shops.

The first couple of weeks consisted of mainly training, both in the classroom and on location. Just recently I started working on my own, though!

Here's my costume:


And here's my location:



And that sums up my first few weeks here in Disney World! It's been magical, scary, exciting, and fun! 

Please update me with what's going on in your lives!!!! Also, if you have any questions about Disney, the college program, or what I'm doing, please comment below! I'll be sure to answer them in future posts!

Princess Hannah
Hannah
27 Comments

27 comments:

  1. I am OBSESSED with this!! You make me reminisce my program and miss Disney more than ever. So happy you're having the time of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!!! Your adventure inspired this journey so much!!!!

      Delete
  2. AH I'LL HAVE TO COME SEE YOU SOME TIME! WE HAVE PASSES! (plus your sister and I talked about meeting up while we were at the SW ;)
    But really, Hannah, this is so exciting for you! I'm so glad God worked it out for you :D
    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how exciting!!! And you know Rebecca??? Isn't she great?

      Delete
  3. GAH this looks like a complete joy! So glad to see that you are having a blast and enjoying your work at Disney! Loved this post. <3 :) Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in the future! Have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love following along with your adventures!!! <3<3<3 So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're having a blast!! :D How amazing to work at Disney. Hope all goes well for you in the days to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing, Hannah!! I'm so excited and happy for you and glad you're sharing your amazing adventures with us <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more than this post can communicate. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. OMGOMGOMG this is the coolest thing ever! I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. <33333 Loved this post! Can't wait to hear more :D

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES SO MUCH!!!!!
    you are the cutest <3
    excited for you on this magical adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Hannah! Your job sounds like fun. How many hours a day do you work, and do you work there every day? I would like to hear how you got to work there for one year through the college program. And do you live in Disney World or off site? Also, do you get free meals there?
    Hope I'm not asking too many questions! I think that is so cool!

    Love
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working almost 40 hours a week, roughly seven hours a day with two off days a week. The hours will surely get more intense as the holidays approach us! It's not bad at all, though.

      I do not live on site, but Disney provides housing for all CPs who desire it, and this housing includes bus transportation to work, although I drive my car. We are responsible for our own meals, so this means I'm learning how to cook some quick and easy recipes!

      Thank you for all of your questions!!!

      Delete
    2. Cool! If you don't mind me asking, how is the pay?
      And how are your co-workers? Do you ever have a problem with grumpy or upset customers?

      So you live in an apartment? Do you live by yourself or do you have room mates?

      Thank you for answering my questions!

      Delete
    3. The pay is decent, and my co-workers are fun, although human. Of course there are upset people, but the happy people more than make up for it!

      I live in CP housing, which is an apartment. I share it with five other girls, one of whom I share a room with. It's quite fun this way because you have so many friends right in your apartment!

      Keep the questions coming. Are you interested in doing the program yourself?

      Delete
  11. Yes, I am interested in it, but I'm not currently going to college I'm still praying about what God wants me do.

    That's fun! Are any of the other girls Christians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. You didn't get to choose where you got to work, did you?

      Delete
  12. Oh this is wonderful!!! What a magical experience! :D

    ReplyDelete

No