10/12/16

I'm a White Girl, But I'm Far From Basic


It's fall, and you know what that means: crisp air, hot drinks, cozy clothes, and #typicalwhitegirl posts.



Every post using the hashtag #basic, #pumpkinspicelattelife or #typicalwhitegirl makes me cringe. I understand the urge to use these trendy tags, but I don't think we understand what they mean. I don't think that we realize how these thoughts destroy a little bit of our unique personalities.

I wrote an article about these thoughts on Odyssey, so check it out and leave a comment describing how you view these hashtags and self-identity claims.

Sorry for the short post, but it's been a busy week! (It's been a busy semester, so I apologize for my absence on your blogs.) This is something that's been on my heart, so I hope you enjoy! Many more thoughts and post ideas are brewing in my heart, so stay tuned!

Love you guys!

Princess Hannah
Hannah
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much, Hannah. I was just thinking about it the other day, in fact. It's quite frustrating, that just because I'm a blonde, white teenage girl who happens to like plaid and taking photos of the leaves changing and my big army green jacket, people are of the opinion that I'm a #basicwhitegirl. It's a rather silly label, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

No